You’re invited to be a guest author on Illumination Learning’s blog. Illumination Learning’s goal is to be a hub for finding Orthodox Christian education resources for parents, godparents, teachers, and clergy. We’d love for you to contribute to these resources by being a guest author on our blog. Please read through the following guidelines and criteria carefully before submitting anything. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jennifer at jenniferhock(at)illumination-learning.com.
Your post must be on one of these topics:
- Orthodox Education – for adults, children, church school, homeschool, project, lesson, etc
- Teaching Our Children About Their Faith in the Home
- Review an Orthodox Educational Resource
- The post you submit must be original and not printed or posted anywhere else, including your own site. You are welcome to write a teaser on your site with a link to your guest post.
- Please provide one or two sentences about yourself to be used in the guest post. You may also provide one link to any of the following: website address, facebook link, twitter username, or link to your “about page” on your website.
- Please submit a post of 300 – 700 words.
- A minimum of one photo or graphic must be submitted with your guest post – with a limit of 3 images total. Please make a note of which photo or graphic you would like to be the featured image. Images should be at least 950 x 606 px
- I encourage you to read the following before drafting your guest post: ”Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post” by Michael Hyatt and “Seven Steps to Writing an Effective Guest Post” by Jeff Goins.
Editing, Submission, and Publishing
- Submit your post to Jennifer at jenniferhock(at)illumination-learning.com for review.
- Your submission will be reviewed within one week of receiving it. A response will be emailed to you letting you know if it will be used or not on the blog. Although I’d love to use each and every submission I receive, if I feel it does not pertain to the overall theme of the blog then I will let you know it will unfortunately not be used. Please feel free to submit another post if this is the case.
- Please include no more than two links in the body of your post.
- I will give a brief introduction to you at the beginning of your post. My content will be set off from yours in a box to distinguish between the two.
- I may edit your post for grammar, punctuation, and spelling. If I feel something needs to be tweaked before posting it on Illumination Learning’s blog, I will contact you first.
- Your post is an invitation for discussion. Please confirm in your submission that you are willing to reply to comments about your post pertaining to questions and inquiries.
- I will let you know when your post has been approved for publication and when to expect to see it published on Illumination Learning’s blog through email.
If you don’t already have your own photo(s) for your guest post, consider looking through iStockphoto’s large selection of professional photos.